Saturday, November 04, 2006

Film Related Newsflash

Paul got the email yesterday:

Congratulations!! Your script The Working Girl has been chosen as one of 10 finalists for the 2006-2007 Coca-Cola Refreshing Filmmaker's Award Program!
Please contact us with your availability next week for a pre-production conference call with our production group.
Thank you for participating in our program and we look forward to speaking with you.


He’s very, very excited. It was a good morale booster in a week where for a few days he lost all of his actors to other obligations, and had to cut a major stunts because the breakable glass guys are all booked up. Half the locations are still undecided, and they start shooting tomorrow (Sunday).

One result of all of this, is that I will have my first acting gig in quite some time, as the ex-wife of the clown. I’m a little nervous about the whole thing, as I’d hate to be shoddy and mess up his opportunities for future endeavors. We’ll see how it goes.

Today everyone’s running around trying to get ready. Since we don't rehearse til tonight, I’ve given myself the exciting task of plowing through five loads of laundry, so that we can express ourselves creatively in clean underwear for a change. Also, we could stand to have food in the house at the end of the fourteen hour days. So, I’ll try to make it to the grocery store before seeing if I can fit in my “costume” (yes, my own wedding dress, aged five years), and then maybe work on my essay that’s due on Wednesday, and of course, the latest twenty pages of Old English translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment