Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Feet


Mine are large. I wear a nine and a half, which is not you-have-to-order-them-from-a-special-online-store large, but just slightly larger than average. Average, when I last checked, was about size eight or nine. Most shoe brands will have half sizes up until size nine, and then whole sizes, like this: 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11. So while it's quite easy to find a size eight-and-a-half, it is more difficult to find a nine-and-a-half.

My feet also look longer because they are bony and narrow. And I have rather disturbingly long toes, which are fairly dextrous, probably from training as a child, when, after seeing a news item on TV about people with no arms who could do everything from writing to eating cereal with their feet, I became inspired and irritated my brother and sister when we played Aggravation, by insisting on moving my marbles with my finger-like toes, which they said were "gross." I said, what if someone comes and chops off all our arms? Who will be gross then?

My husband refers to my feet as "Monkey Feet."

All in all, as Mya pointed out in her post on the same topic, I am supremely grateful for my feet. They have served me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment