Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How Can WORD Have No Autosave?

Today at work, I started formatting a 43 page document. At page 25 I opened "help" and it came up as a sidebar on the right. Once I figured out that "help" was not going to help, I closed...and in doing so accidentally closed the entire document without saving. Needless to say, I was not pleased with myself.

But as Paul likes to point out, I rarely stay mad at myself for long if I can find someone else to blame...so I'll just mention that I sometimes use another program for screen-writing. You can set it to auto save every 5,10,20 or 30 minutes. Somehow this company has figured out that few people work on something for three hours and then decide they liked it better before they ever started ...what up Microsoft?

No comments:

Post a Comment