Sunday, July 25, 2010

Live Here...



After nine years, our tenant moved to the beach. I'm happy for her, because she's a friend. But now I need to rent my old apartment during a difficult period for real estate. We were fortunate for while, that the rent from this apartment matched our own rent, leaving just the mortgage, but that is unlikely to happen now. And of course, while it's not rented, the leak is causing BP-spill type damage to my bank account.

But-- I'm very lucky to have a place at all. In the end, it is still a kind of insurance against our other financial problems. Even with the market down, if I ever start drowning in debt, selling could put us back at zero. I just really hate the thought of selling--I worked and saved to get my own place, at a very different time in my life: pre-cancer, pre-Paul, pre-illusions of living on the edge as a screenwriter. Once upon a time, this apartment was my peaceful haven, and I really enjoyed coming home to it at the end of a long day of being gainfully (if stressfully) employed.

Here's the posting I have on Craigslist, Westside Rentals, and Facebook Marketplace

2 Bedroom, 2 Bath. 2nd Floor in small, 12-unit building.
Large bedrooms with wall length closets!

2 Underground gated parking spots (tandem)

Gas stove

Dishwasher

Refrigerator included

Laundry on site

Located at 3649 Glendon Ave. near Venice Blvd and Overland Ave, just north of Culver City.

One block to Santa Monica 12 bus which goes direct to UCLA.
Small side street away from traffic, but walking distance to Bally's, Ralphs, Starbucks, Baja Fresh, Overland Cafe and more.
Easy Access to 10 and 405 freeways

New paint / New carpet

Available to view now. Call for a walk-through at ###-###-#### or stop by our OPEN HOUSE (Sunday, July 25) between 2pm-4pm.

No smoking please, small pets considered for additional deposit.

Glendon Ave at Palms (google map) (yahoo map)


No comments:

Post a Comment