Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Na No...Na Yes?

November is National Novel Writing Month (really, who makes these things up?). To Nanowrimo or not to nanowrimo, that has been the question. Do I really need one more thing to write? Clearly not. Will I ever get anything done without artificially created deadlines? Also doubtful. So, the challenge is to write 50,000 words in one month. They are allowed (and encouraged, and assumed to be) crappy. I haven't really done the math, but I think that 1500 words a day for 30 days would get you there...wait a second...that would only be 45,000, wouldn't it. Yikes.

I didn't decide on Nov 1, so am already behind, but yesterday I did about 2000 words. We'll see how it goes. If I get halfway there, it would still be more than nothing, and I do have a few other things to work on.... Here I go!

B

1 comment: