Monday, January 09, 2012

I Don't Want to Go Back to Work

I'm on my lunch hour, hiding in the library from work. The students returned to campus today, and the faculty remembered they teach classes and need stuff like copies and room numbers they forgot to check so we are very busy. The kind of busy that is hard to walk away from, and I'm scared that once I go back I won't leave on time, or I will leave on time but in doing so will leave things undone that will come back to bite me in the near or distant future. Whether a nip at the heals or pound of flesh from my ass, no undone deed goes unpunished.

But I have to leave because I have to pack my entire home office and move it by tomorrow night.

Which means I guess I have to go back to work now.

Notice how this entire post doesn't mention working on my script? (Although, to be fair, I worked on one scene just now.)

I'm bitter and tired and sad feeling, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be in your shoes in just a week, so I feel for you. Just remember you've accomplished a lot lately, and you will still accomplish more.

    ReplyDelete