Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chris Beat Cancer with Nutrition

There's a blog I've been following intermittently for a while, called Chris Beat Cancer.  I don't know Chris and he doesn't know me, but from reading his blog I can determine we are kind of "cancer twins."  We were both diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer in 2003 (both at a rather young age).  We both had surgery but declined the recommended chemotherapy.  We both embraced nutrition rich diets that included lots of vegetables and juiced vegetables.  And we are both alive to tell the tale (with no recurrence of the colon cancer).

Chris has devoted the entirety of his blog to a cause I believe in deeply, educating people about their options in fighting cancer.  His most recent post on cancer fighting vegetables is an excellent reminder to some things you may (or may not) already know, and contains one of my favorite things--a link to the original study in Food Chemistry journal. 

The day is coming, slowly, slowly, when there will be separate tabs on this blog for cancer and health related posts and resources, but until that day, I'm going to add Chris Beat Cancer to the sidebar here.

No comments:

Post a Comment