Sunday, January 28, 2007

Like Frankenstein

So this morning I thought I'd take a few minutes to add a couple new links (see sidebar). However, in the process, I think I accidentally erased a chunk of code at the top of my page...so that when I published, the page was naked code, with no formatting, really yucky. My HTML is really really scanty, so I spent the next hour and a half looking for blogs that seem similar to mine and then looking at their source code to see if I could figure out what was missing. Finally I just copied a big chunk from someone else's and pasted it in. Voila! my page is back, albeit with a few changes to the color scheme that I might not have chosen...but no way am I messing with it now. And underneath the skin, to someone who knows what they are seeing, does my page code just look all crappily cobbled together...like Frankenstein?

No comments:

Post a Comment