Thursday, October 11, 2007

One of the Drawbacks of a Healthy Lifestyle

is that when you come home tired and a little depressed (or who knows, maybe just depressingly tired) and you want to eat something bad for you...there's not much selection.

The food item in my apartment with the most sugar (aside from the container of sugar now solid with humidity) is Kellogg's Smart Start cereal with antioxidants (14g per serving).

The food items with the most fat? Frozen organic hash-browns, some cheese (also frozen because I eat it so rarely) and an avocado. The hash-browns are two years old--I remember moving them from our other apartment. Tonight when I dumped them into the frying pan they were encased in freezer burn so thick I couldn't see the potatoes, but I cooked them up with a quarter cup of olive oil and half a cup of cheese. I chopped up the avocado and threw it on top along with some Tabasco. Not as bad as you might think.

But sometimes it seems not fair to be so squeaky clean and still be wrestling with that cold from a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment